Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Radons Rule!

The story of the Radon. About 8 years ago Mike and a couple of people went in on a boat. It was a 28ft Radon that was named the Deeper Blue. I can't think of too many things that Mike enjoyed more than going out to the Channel Islands on his boat to either fish, scuba dive, or just take a much needed break from the day to day grind.
The whole family enjoyed the boat. We brought the kids who at the time ranged from about 2 - 5 years old and they always had a blast. They loved to hang onto the fishing pole hoping that they would catch a fish. Which they never did. So Mike would jump over with his spear gun and shoot a fish. He would then find their hook in the water and attach the fish to it. Their faces were priceless that they actually caught a fish. So anyway to make a long story short we moved and needed some extra funds so we sold the Deeper Blue. It was a very sad day for Mike, but I have assured him one day I am sure we will be boat owners again.

Every year at back to school night when we sit at the kids desk there is always a piece of paper for us to write the kids a note or draw them a picture. So for the last 4 years Mike has drawn all the kids a picture of the Radon and tells them how much we love them.
Last night Mike and I came home from a softball game and on Mike's desk was this picture that Brooke drew for him. It completely melted his heart. He immediately told me it was my job this week to frame it so he can set it out on his desk. Its always the small and simple things that mean the most. Brooke has always been so sweet and thoughtful.

3 comments:

Tera said...

It's little things like that in our lives to keep us going, huh? I love the picture and I love the story. Someday...

Wendy said...

Little girls have a way of turning their tough dads into big, fat marshmallows! Mike has no hope! (Neither does Tom, with 3 girls working him over!) Great story and fun picture!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, too sweet, Brookie. I think she knew what her daddy and mommy needed. Mikey knows the best part of having the boat was taking me out and getting free "chum", right?YUCK! Great memories with many, many more to come