
For those of you who do not know I have put together a team for the new Park and Rec women's league. I have been having a blast. It has definitely brought back SO many memories. It is probably comical to watch. The games are often pretty low scoring about 45 points for an entire game. There are always tons of kids running around watching their moms, and poor husbands trying to watch the kids and coach their wives.
Last season Mike was so upset with one of the ref calls he got kicked out of the gym. Now that was definitely worth watching. I don't even remember if we won or lost that game. We are now in our third season and we have come in second place the previous 2 seasons. Which don't get me wrong second place is pretty good for a lot of girls that haven't played in a long time.
The same team has come in 1st every time. So we played them last night and for the second time this season lost to them by 1 point. I was completely frustrated because I really wanted to win that game. I know we can beat that team. Now I can give you guys all the typical excuses that really happened last night like: one of our starters was out of town, our point guard was 10 minutes late to the game, one of our forwards sprained her ankle in the beginning of the 2nd half and didn't come back in, and of course the worst non call at the last 5 seconds of the game that would have given us the game winning free throws.
Isn't that how all sports go? I am sure most of us that have played have had many of these excuses, but the bottom line is that every team just needs to play through the excuses and non calls because they happen to everyone. There is always next time.



8 comments:
Go Jaimee!!! You are so awesome. I think 45 points in a game is high, maybe I'm just remembering church ball and how low the score always was. Why don't you tell us how many points you scored?
PS - love your template... I thought you would snatch it up after Scott changed mine, AGAIN!
Your right about the template I really like this fall page.
On average I score about 12 points a game. 2 weeks ago I had my all time high. I had 6 three pointers in the first half and ended up with 24 points. That was a lot of fun.
Good for you for coaching and I was totally laughing about Mike!! :) It's fun to read about you and the kids...makes me realize how un-active I've become.
C'mon Mike.......getting kicked out of Park and Rec women's game?Now that shows dedication to your wife and a true love of the game! :) It's nice that they have a place for us "has-beens" to go and feel like a kid again. I'm not a big blogger but it's fun reading about everybody's family!
MEGAN HILL
I think you're great, Jaimee! inspiring to all of us!
Next year #1...I feel it coming. You're so fun to watch and I love to see your boys cheering for you!!
You're great...basketball over soccer ALL DAY!!!
WOW...you go GIRL!!! I didn't know you were on a team...that is awesome!
Jaimee
If you want to beat that team you have to practice with the only Seay Brother that has any skills. You know the one who showed the rest how it's done. Heh keep this up I really like keeping tabs on my Bros family. I need to get you guys out this winter for some Riding and fun on the Rhinos. Lets plan it who knows maybe one of my neice or nephews will take up riding with Uncle Rick. Tell everyone hi from us...
Post a Comment