Monday, September 15, 2008

Chef Brooke


Brookie loves to cook. Almost everyday she is in the kitchen making any number of things. Last year she came home from achievement days with a fabulous meatball recipe. She has made them a number of times since, and we have all enjoyed them. Some good friends of ours Todd and Jen have been asking Brooke to make her famous meatballs for them. She was very excited and invited them over for dinner last night where she made the sauce and meatballs. It was delicious and everyone was impressed.

Meatballs -
1lb ground beef
2 links spicy Italian sausage
1 small onion, diced
1 egg
1/2 C.
Italian bread crumbs
1 C. uncooked oats
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic
1/2 tsp. pepper
Combine ingredients and mix well. Shape meat into 1 1/2 inch diameter balls. Place on a cookie sheet. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

You need to have another baby, just in the hopes that you will have another BROOKE! She is awesome! Can we clone her?

Anonymous said...

Brookie -- come cook for papa and I!! I've had your meatballs and they are good and I'd like some more.

Tera said...

YUM, I can't wait to give them a try! I would have Andi make them, but I think they would gross her out. Love you Brookie!

Robert and Natalie said...

okay she is that beautiful and can cook too I feel sorry for YOU!!!

Candace said...

That is so great that Brooke loves to cook. She is one cute girl.