
Well Brooke's basketball season came to an end this weekend. Her team improved so much with every week and I'm sure that was impart to a fabulous coach. Mike had a ton of fun coaching the girls this is his third year coaching Brooke's basketball team and in those three years he has a pretty darn good record first, fourth, and second. This year the girls made it to the final game and came in second place. One of the parents said that you can tell how good of a coach you are by 3 things. 1) Did the girls learn something new 2) Did they have fun and 3) We will they return to play next year. She gave Mike a really nice complimant that he truly succedded in all of these areas with all the girls. One of Mike's goals every season is to make sure that every girl scored a basket and he was very happy that in the second to last game that happened.

I missed the final game (I was so sad) but one of the moms took this picture so I would be able to see Brooke get her trophey. She had a great season and had a blast. It was a little challenging trying to juggle her soccer and basketball but we managed and had a lot of fun in the craziness.

All the girls on Brooke's team made Mike a candy gram to say thanks for a great season. Mike loved it and I was barely able to get a picture before the candy was devoured.

This was Spencers first year playing CYBA basketball and he also had a lot of fun. His team did not win very many games, but Spencer quickly realized that he needed to focus on his game to see what he could improve instead of worrying who was winning. Spencer played point gaurd and was the most aggressive defensive players I think I have ever seen at his age. I bet he averaged 4 steals a game along with 2 blocks.

Even though this picture is a little blury I loved it. There is so much concentration on his face and the tongue out reminds me so much of my brothers. Spencer is left handed and I think one of his biggest improvements was by the end of the season he was dribbling and driving to the basket using both hands. He was awesome and I wanted to keep him going so I signed him and Tyler to play YMCA basketball.
6 comments:
Good job to both Brooke and Spence! You guys are studs and such great little athletes! I love the pictures but nothing beats the tongue! It is so Scott-ish. It cracks me up! Great job to Mike as well - I bet he was an awesome coach!
cute kids. like the pix. 2 of my 3 boys are left-handed. you know, most geniuses are leftys. true!
Perhaps we should have recruited both of them to help the Lakers against Phi. the other night couldn't of hurt. Keep em busy.
Miss ya
Uncle Rick and Aunt Kathy
Brooke's uniforms look like Simi Pioneers! A girl after her mother.
I was going to say that your boy looked just like Ben at that age. I love that we can enjoy sports from a whole other point of veiw, moms!
That is so neat that Mike was Brooke's coach. Brooke is so athletic.
How fun to see your kids being so active and successful at all their sports! And...Mike sounds like a fabulous coach...I think we need more like him!
Post a Comment