Wednesday, October 28, 2009

6 minutes and 40 seconds

Brooke got Student of the Month at her Junior High School this week. I got a letter in the mail last week letting Mike and I know that she was getting this award. However the mystery was in what class was she getting it for. We are used to her getting awards for her academics so we assumed it was for Science, Language Arts, or something in that nature.

When they called her up to present her award it was for PE. Her PE teacher told everyone how awesome and athletic she is. Brooke got this award because of her time in the mile. 6 minutes and 40 seconds that was her time and it is the fastest girls time at the school. I'm so proud of her she amazes me everyday.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

What a STUD!! That's fast - seriously fast. Those are Olympic qualifying times, if I'm not mistaken.

Adrienne said...

Way to go Brooke! A scholar and and athlete and gorgeous to boot! Seriously, you guys are in a little bit of trouble:)

the medeiros family said...

Brooke...will you come run my race for me?? ;)
Congratulations Brooke!!

Rick Otterstrom said...

That's fast! When she starts chasing boys, they won't stand a chance. Like they'd run away, anyway. Congrats!

grandma said...

Awesome, Brookie! You are one fast cookie ... they'll be begging you to be on the track team soon.

Tera said...

Holy cow Brooke! I have never ever come close to that time! Your awesomeness never ends!