Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Summer Ends and School Begins

Can it really be over...my summer??? Well I guess it's back to reality and with that comes way too many schedules...soccer, basketball, scouts, and school.

My little family is getting so big I can hardly stand it. I find myself reminiscing at old pictures when my kids were babies and wondering how they grew up so fast. Well it's official the kids started school today!Jakers started preschool today and boy was he excited. He is going 2 days a week, but wishes that he could go everyday. I'm still trying to figure out what to do on the off days that he doesn't have school. He is going to die without his older brothers. He has attached himself to both of them this summer. I am going to have be very creative and find some fun things to do to keep him occupied.Tyler started the first grade. This should be a fun and exciting year for him. I expect the most growth from him with his age this year. It will be fun to watch him figure everything out. He is in a combo class which I'm not usually a fan of, however I really like his teacher so I'm sure it will be fine.
Now Spencer is starting the fourth grade. He is very excited that one of his and my favorite teachers that he had from kindergarten is now teaching fourth grade and he got in his class. This is going to be a great year. Spencer is also now in GATE so that should be fun and challenging for him.
All I can say is WOW my little Brookie is in Junior High. I love this picture that I took of her as we were leaving this morning. She is holding one of her books because she can't fit everything in her backpack...and she doesn't even have all of her books yet. I think Brooke had every emotion in the book today - excited, nervous, scared, cautious, happy, and so on. She did awesome...I picked her up after school and she is already a pro after just one day :)
Bring on the chaos and crazy schedules
I'm ready and loving it!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Your kids are so cute and Brooke looks just like my memories of you from our wedding, just lovely!

Melanie said...

It remember "the good the bad and the ugly" of school days. I hope your new school year is full of joy. Your babies are beautiful! I love Brooke's hair!