Thursday, August 13, 2009

Chinchillas

Brooke has been wanting to get a pet chinchilla for about a year now. So she had started saving her money so that she could get one. Mike and I had one when we first got married and loved it so we were OK with this new idea of hers. So last week one of her friends from her soccer team was telling us that she had two chinchillas she was kinda of done with. When she heard that Brooke wanted one she offered both of hers to Brooke. Let me tell you we had one very excited little girl. We now have two pets both girls named Scout and Sunny. They are definitely not lacking in getting attention between Brooke and the boys.
They are so SOFT...everyone is loving them!

5 comments:

Shawntae Seay said...

Oh they are so cute!

Tera said...

Wow - they look big! Was Jimmy that big? Maybe I just remember him being smaller. So cute and cuddly!

Wendy said...

Brooke looks really cute holding both of them! What a fun little pet to have, and you're right. They have the softest fur of anything I've ever felt before. Do they let you just hold them and pet them, or do they try and squirm away?

Jaimee said...

I think they look bigger in the pictures then they really are. Sunny is 2 years and Scout is 1 year old so I'm pretty sure they are full grown.

Yes they let you hold them...they will just sit on your lap and lay on your shirt very cuddly.

Rick Otterstrom said...

And when you get tired of them, you can turn them into coats! :) I will get slapped around for a few weeks for that comment! :)