Every Year we get together with some of our good friends ( Hansens, Wallers, Tupous, and this year the Figuroas and Ben & Jen Hansen) and go camping at Leo Carrillo. The kids love everything about camping and well I just love watching my kids have a great time and I endure. Don't get me wrong I had a good time...it's just so much work. Everyone is always dirty, I feel like I'm constantly preparing food, and then there is the never ending clean up, but its worth all of it.
Every morning we get everything together, pack the wagon, and make our walk down to the beach. Leo Carrillo Beach is a lot of fun for the kids especially when it's low tide. There are tons of rock which makes it easy to find cool sea creatures. The rocks don't allow for much boogie boarding or surfing, but the kids don't seem to mind that much. They know that when we go to Leo Carrillo its always a fun adventure of what they can find and also climbing over the rocks to the caves and other beaches.
The Wallers brought their Kayak which was awesome. Mike Waller was the best I lost count of how many kids he took out in the kayak. Both Brooke and Spencer said that one of their favorite parts of the trip was going out on the kayak. Even Tyler loved going out on it, but my camera battery died so I didn't get a picture of him going out.
Camping was awesome...we had a great time. My mom came out one night for dinner which made the kids very happy. Brooke finally took my camera and started taking some pictures with me in it. She doesn't think its fair that I'm not in the pictures when everyone else has to be. I think it's perfectly fair because its my camera :)A lot of work but worth every minute of it!



7 comments:
i know i cant believe you made me hold that giant slug
Okay, I agree with Brooke! That sea slug was beyond DISGUSTING! EEEEWWWWWWW!!! She was pretty tough for doing that. ♥♥♥♥
Vacations of any kind are always more work for Mom than anyone else, but it is worth it. Great pictures! I think Brooke is right, it is nice to see you in the pictures too :)
Ok, Brooke, next year Mom gets to hold the slug!!! Make sure you get a picture of that! Looks like you had a lot of fun
What fun! Love the pictures...esp the ones with YOU in them! :)
Oh yes, tell Brooke not to feel too bad...when I was little my dad filled my hand with fish eyeballs (he was cleaning the fish)!
Sounds like tons of fun! Im jealous! haha and I completely agree with the slug thing and the camera thing. If its your camera you don't need to be in it! :D
Post a Comment