This 4th of July was a lot of fun. Scott and Tera had us over along with my parents and Ben for swimming, great food, and fire works.So I have to give a disclaimer...I took a ton of pictures and so many of them turned out so dang cute that I just couldn't leave them out. So I went through the pictures made a lot of collages and sadly believe it or not left a ton out.
Jake and Nate have been fun to watch this summer as they have learned how to swim. Jake has been a water baby since the day he was born. Now I can relax just a little bit that he has learned how to swim. He jumped in the pool as soon as we got there about 1:00 and didn't come out until 6:00. He was a complete prune and by that time was finally hungry enough to take a break and eat.
Scott had too much fun launching the kids in the pool. I wish I had some pictures of how they landed. The kids loved it as they came back again and again for more.
I love my family and one of the things that I enjoy the most when we get together is a nice gentle noncompetitive game of basketball...NOT. My family is one of the most competitive families out there. We love to play almost any game especially basketball and we play to win. In Water basketball my brother Scott pretty much dominates so the rest of us do what ever we can to make him lose which doesn't happen very often. The game usually ends with scratches, blood, hyper extended fingers, bruises, and all of us asking for ibuprofen, but it's a ton of fun...I know we're crazy.
Mike was awesome as usual. He took on the heat of the day to BBQ dinner for everyone...it was yummy! We had a very fun day. Well I'm not sure how you couldn't enjoy yourself with family, a water slide, a pool, toys, great food, and a beautiful day in Southern California.
What a cute bunch of sun kissed faces!
The Grand Finale of the day...Fireworks! 


4 comments:
Great pictures! Hope the rest of your summer is just as fun!
OK...I give up....can I be adopted into the S.D.W.F.P.A.? (Sue and Dennis Williams Family Party Association) How much more fun can you have? I love your family's idea of a great time!
I love your collages. There were many many cute pictures - too many. Thanks for helping with the pictures while I was busy with food. It was a great day and I'm glad you came over!
Mel, you are always welcome to come to any family party!
How fun! Sorry we missed it. And I love all your collages.
Post a Comment