Mothers Day was awesome thanks to my wonderful kids and husband. The best gift had to have been sleeping in. As most of you know I'm not the best morning person and as most Moms sleeping in is out of the question. So being able to sleep in until 10am was amazing. I was woken up by all of my kids jumping on me to give me lots of hugs and kisses...now that's worth waking up for. Mike and the kids made me breakfast in bed. A yummy omelet and diet coke just my style, and Brooke went out to the garden and picked a flower to put on my plate. After breakfast all of my wonderful kids gave me cards they had made. I love homemade cards they are always so thoughtful and genuine. Mike made my day so nice. Beautiful flowers, awesome meals, and taking care of whatever the kids needed...Thanks babe!I know that my early thoughts of wanting to be a Mom all came from my mother. Talk about perfect I am pretty sure I can live all my life and still not measure up to her. That is OK because now my kids have a perfect Grandma and a Mom who is still trying to learn everything she can from the best. There has never been a time when I needed her that she didn't come running to my side. Even when I didn't tell her I was having a problem or was upset some how she always knew and was there to comfort me. I Love you Mom!
Brooke is
definitely a
Grandmas girl
She can't
smile much bigger
than that
There is now another wonderful Mother that I get to learn and grow from. My Mother-in-law is also fantastic. I appreciate everything she does for me and my family. It is comforting to know that we are always in her thoughts and prayers. I guess being a mother never really ends as your kids get older and have families of their own that is just more people to love and care for. I am grateful for you, and for your love and kindness you have always shown to me...Love you!
I count my blessings daily for the great examples that surround me.



3 comments:
What a sweet post! I am glad that you are living your dream. Isn't it nice when things fall into place?
What a fun mother's day. You have the cutest and also sweetest kids around. Happy Mother's Day.
Thanks for your kind, and way too generous words. My greatest blessing has always been being a mother to the 5 greatest kids ever...who have produced awesome and wonderful children as well. So glad you had such a great Mother's day, you deserve it.
Sure do love you all, thanks for making me feel so good ... always.
Post a Comment