Spencer and Mike had their first pine wood derby race last week. I thought it was going to be so much fun for the two of them. Little did I know that Mike was dreading it. The only reason I think that Mike didn't want to do it was probably all of the pressure to win and not let Spencer down. So as soon as they started building Mike asked Spencer what his expectations were about the race. Spencer just said I don't need to come in first, but I just don't want to come in last place. After that being said they went right to work because Mike new for sure they could come in somewhere in the middle. I had no idea all the pressure that was put on this race, but I guess thats what you get when all the Dads try and out do each other.Spencer had a ton of fun building and painting the car with Mike. He loves to build and create so this was perfect for him. That night at the race I was home with the other kids and Mike texted me that in the first 4 races his car had come in first twice and second twice. So in the end Spencer's little car came in fourth place. He was thrilled and so was Mike it was definitely a successful night. This is only the first of MANY pine wood derby races to come with 3 boys.




4 comments:
Way to go, Spencer! 2 years in a row, Tom has bought the online kits that are already carved out, and all you have to do is paint it and put the wheels on. I know, it's totally cheating. Serves him right, too. It came in dead last both times! But it was the coolest looking car there. Hopefully he has learned his lesson for next year, poor Jordan!
Congratulations on the successful racing! That's something I've only done once since I was little... I helped a kid in the ward make one (I don't remember how we did, but it didn't get last, so that was ok!).
Nice going Spencer, maybe a first place next year. Have fun Mike,you will be making them for years to come!!!
Love papa
Good Job Spencer and little Bro. Now I see Spencer racing in the Desert with Old Uncle Rick and taking the number 1 plate.
Hope to see you guys soon.
Uncle Rick and Aunt Kathy
Post a Comment