Thursday, February 19, 2009

Star of the Week

Most kindergarten classes have a star of the week and of course Tyler's class is no different. This was his week to be recognized and he loved all the attention. So as I sat down with Tyler and put his poster together I learned a lot and thought I would share a little of what Tyler loves. His favorite color is red, favorite food is pasta, and his favorite animal is a monkey. Tyler's favorite place to go is Lake Havasu. Which cracks me up we have only been once with Mike's family for a little reunion and now that is all he talks about. No exaggeration he asks me weekly when we can go back to Lake Havasu and go on Uncle Ricks boat. When Tyler grows up he wants to be a Jedi. I think that my family has single handedly kept George Lucas's bank account rising with all of our star wars purchases. One of Tyler's favorite things to do is play basketball except he calls it shooting some hoops. He is out in our front yard daily for hours on end having a full game between himself and the other team. Now the other team consists of Darth Mal, Darth Vader, and any other star wars character. So since I watched him play these crazy basketball games I decided it was time to introduce him to the Lakers. He now loves to watch every game and gives you the score after EVERY basket. I'm hoping the next time I watch him play he is playing against Kobe, Bynum, and Ariza instead of star wars guys. If he had one wish he said he would wish to be able to play with his friends all the time. Tyler is a great friend and he loves playing with his friends and cousins.

3 comments:

Tera said...

I would like to add my money contributions to George Lucas as well. Tyler is such an awesome boy - we love him so much! Trent is crazy about him and I think they are kindred souls. They are so much alike. How great is that, learning to count by two's from watching Lakers?!

Anonymous said...

Oh Tyler
Congrats on the award. I too just like you Love to go to Lake Havasu. So I Believe we should pick a date in April or May and just go. So you just tell me when. As we say around Uncle Ricks House HAVASUUUUUU
Love ya all Uncle Rick and Aunt Kathy
P.S. Go Lakers!!!

Anonymous said...

I wondered about that, cause last night when I was with the kids, Tyler, out of the blue, said "I want to go to Lake Havasu"!
He is awesome and everyone loves Tyler!