For Christmas I got this marble contraption for Spencer. He loves to build things and I thought the boys would have a fun time building and rebuilding it to make many different designs. Little did I know that this thing was VERY complicated. So since my dad loves to build things as well I enlisted his help. Last weekend Spencer had a sleepover at my Mom and Dads house where Spencer and Papa were going to build it. So they started it and didn't quite finish it so dad kept it and he was going to work on it during the week. It took my Dad about 4 days and he finally finished it so Spencer and Tyler went back out to their house to check it out. Of course they loved it. As dad was building it I told him to glue the pieces together I didn't want it falling apart. I had good intentions I just did not know how hard it was going to be having over 350 parts.
Good thing for Grandpa's because if I would have tried to build it I know I would have gotten frustrated and probably thrown it away. Now my only problem is Jake. He loves it and wont leave it alone. I am so paranoid of him messing it up. I am keeping a constant eye on it.
Thanks again Grandpa!
Good thing for Grandpa's because if I would have tried to build it I know I would have gotten frustrated and probably thrown it away. Now my only problem is Jake. He loves it and wont leave it alone. I am so paranoid of him messing it up. I am keeping a constant eye on it.
Thanks again Grandpa!



5 comments:
all I can say is LUCKY! We had a marble contraption that ended up in the trash because all of the pieces were everywhere and it was too difficult for anyone in our fam to put together at that time. My 9-year-old is an awesome builder so he could totally build it now...but not at 5! Btw, I meant lucky is in grandpa so close and willing to help.
Very cool! We will have to check it out.
I'm STILL waiting for that same Grandpa to build us our Wild Willies like he did for the boys and like he said he was going to - 25 years ago! :)
It's just takeing me a little longer than I thought, but they are comming, realy they are.
Love dad
When I was a kid my best friend and I used to make marble mazes out of cardboard. All from scratch. Not as neat as the one you built, but it was something to do!
Post a Comment