Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Mike

Well I know this post is a little late...Mike had his 35th birthday on May 29th. We celebrated about 2 weeks late and he didn't even complain (well not that much :D ). Mike is the best, for his birthday weekend he was totally fine with me leaving and spending time with my Mom and sisters in Santa Barbara. So not only was I gone but he also had the kids by him self for a couple of days. Which I don't think was all bad they spoiled him rotten. All the kids made him birthday cards. Brooke made him some very cute coupons that he can redeem for babysitting, cookies, a nap and a lot of other things. Brooke and the boys made him breakfast in bed and kept the house clean for him all day. They ended the night all watching the Lakers game and eating pizza. Sounds like a great birthday. When I got back from Santa Barbara we planned to go out the following weekend. So our good friends Todd and Jen along with Mike and I went out to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory for dinner and then went to a movie. We had a great time and it was fun to finally celebrate Mike and Todds birthdays.


Mike has a very special Father daughter relationship with Brooke. He is always involved with all of the kids and makes sure he is around for the many many things they are all involved in. Mike has coached Brooke's basketball team for the past 3 years and has done a great job. Brooke is very aware of all the time her Dad is there for her and appreciates it.



Spencer loves spending time with Mike and tries to learn everything he can from him. Mike thinks that it is very important to teach the kids not only the gospel but, to be a hard worker, an intellectual thinker, and the persistence to excel at sports among many other things. Mike always takes the time to explain what he is doing and is always trying to find the perfect teaching moments. He also has coached Spencer's baseball team and I know Spencer loves all of the one on one time he gets with his Dad.


Tyler loves his Dad. Any time that he can just sit and watch Mike he does. Whether it's building something, gardening, or playing sports you will always find Tyler close behind watching him trying to be just like him. Tyler enjoys basketball a lot right now and asks Mike constantly to go outside and shoot some hoops with him. He loves playing sports with his Dad. When ever the Lakers are on you will find Tyler on the couch with Mike and I calling out all the players names and scores. Mike usually just looks at him and smiles proudly.


Wow what can I say about Jake and his Dad. Talk about one little guy that thinks his Dad walks on water. From the time he could walk he followed Mike around the house either with a toy hammer to help Mike fix or build whatever he was doing at the time or with a hose and shovel because he wanted to garden with him. Jake loves his daddy and wants to be just like him and I love watching the two of them together. Jake is going to be a very good handy man with what he has and is going to learn from Mike.

As you can see Mike is the all around greatest Dad he could be to his kids. They love him so much. I feel truly blessed to have such a great man to be my partner in raising these great kids. My children have such an awesome example to learn from in their Dad. Mike is kind, loving, intelligent, spiritual, hard working, and a wonderful father and husband!
Happy Birthday...We Love You!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday Bro I believe I forgot to call Well thats the beauty of being a brother not much is expected in that department. I got you the same thing we always get each other only better than last year. NOTHING...See you in Havasu make it up to you there...
Your Bro Rick

Tera said...

Awesome! Mike is such a great guy and I love being "out-lawed" with him!

Rick Otterstrom said...

Happy Birthday, a little late. Sounds like you are off to a GREAT start with your kids. Build the relationships solidly now, because they will become teen-agers and that solid foundation will carry them through those years, even if it doesn't seem like it.

Wendy said...

Great post, Jaimee! Mike is pretty darn awesome - at everything he does. Happy birthday, Mike!

Debi Lassen said...

Happy belated birthday, Mike! We think you are pretty awesome, too! We are blessed to know and love your whole family! Thanks for posting these cute pictures of your family, Jaime, and good descriptions of a great man! Keep up the good work with your family relationships....the joy is so great down the road, as well as now.
Love from the Lassen's

Anonymous said...

We all love you, Mikey. You're always there when anyone needs anything and we appreciate you so much. You definitely spice up the family!!

Anonymous said...

Jaimee, you're are a lucky woman indeed! It is so great to hear about the kids and what wonderful parents they have!

I love reading about your family!

Love to all of you and I miss you guys!

Kim