Thursday, June 18, 2009

Brooke's 5th Grade Promotion

I still am having a hard time believing that Brooke is going into Junior High this fall. Where has the time gone? I could not have asked for anything more from Brooke this year or for that matter any year. She is a great student who enjoys learning and excelling in whatever she does. Brooke is leaving elementary school having straight A's every year and scoring advanced on all of the standardized tests. I am so proud of her!Brooke was given 2 awards at the promotion. The first award she got was the President's Award. This award is given for academic excellence signed by the President. The other award she was given was the Athlete of the Year Award. Brooke was very excited about this one because sports are one of her favorite things. Most days you will find Brooke at a soccer or basketball practice. She also enjoyed many sports that the school offered and did awesome. She even found out that she loves flag football...who would have thought.As most of you know Brooke is very shy and doesn't like to be the center of attention. I knew she would run up and down to get her awards without even looking my way. So before the ceremony began I told her if she didn't pause for a second and look my way for a picture that I would be a crazy parent. I told her I would stand on my chair and yell Brookie's the best for all to hear. I know I'm so mean...but I wanted her to slow down and enjoy the moment just a little. So as you can see I got real quick glances my way I guess that was good enough for not embarrassing her.
Brooke's teacher this year was Awesome! He was great in so many ways...he challenged her without my constant requests, he started a lunch time sports program which she loved, he made her think out of the box, and gave her many opportunities to help her classmates as a tutor. Mr. Hodges sent me many emails telling me what a wonderful student she was...what parent doesn't want to hear that. Brooke told me that he was her favorite teacher and is already sad that she is not in his class anymore.
I love this girl more than anything! Thanks Brooke for making my life as a parent so easy. I am so proud of you and I know you will do awesome in Junior High.

2 comments:

Tera said...

Such a gorgeous girl, getting all grown up and everything. I love your threat to look your way - so funny!

Wendy said...

With Brooke's hair flipping in front of her face, it seems like you got a real quick glance your way, but what a darling picture! I would have loved to see you standing on your chair yelling for her! She's amazing - good at everything she does. When I grow up, can I be like Brooke? ;)