All right well most of you that know me no that I am always looking for the best deal and I never like to pay full price for anything. So lately I have been complaining about my grocery bill. I think every week prices are going up. I remember when a full shopping cart used to be under a $100. Now it's double that and I am tired of feeling like I don't have any control over it because we all still have to eat. So the other day I found this website called grocerygame.com and I decided to try it anything had to be better then what I was doing currently. The just of it is you choose the store you go to most frequently and every week between Sunday and Tuesday they post all of the sale items in that store. As well as every coupon available either in the newspaper or online to give you the final lowest price.
Now I hate the newspaper always have I think it's the texture or who knows why just one of those funny weird things about me, but most of the coupons are in the LA Times so I now have the Sunday paper being delivered to my house and it only cost $26 for the year. To get the list from the website every week they charge $10 for 8 weeks, but you can trial it for only $1 for the first 4 weeks that's what I did.
Well to make a long story short It works and I saved a lot of money. Today was my first attempt so I went to the store this morning and my total bill after my savings was $170 and I saved $ 130. Now that's worth it! To me I think the extra time it takes to find all the coupons and a little extra time in the grocery store was well worth it for me. So if I can do that every week I will end up saving about $500 a month.
Just thought I would share this if any of you out there are having the same frustrations as I have been having with rising food prices.
6 years ago



3 comments:
Thanks for the tip! We will definitely give it a try.
Thank you, Jaimee! I'm really tired of paying so much. I keep hope my kids will stop growing and eat less! (ha ha) Anyway, I'll have to check that out.
Welcome to the world of grocerygame! I did it for a couple of years and loved it. I don't have time to cut the coupons anymore, or I guess the patience, and I was a real collector toothbrushes and toothpaste (which you can get for practically free). It definitely works! You go girl! My friend Tami and I would compare who saved the most!
Post a Comment