Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Jake's 1st day of preschool

I can't believe my little guy is growing up already. I have many mixed emotions this week as Jake is now in the sunbeam class at church and just had his first day of preschool on Monday. It makes me a little sad to think this is it. I won't have anymore toddlers in nursery and this will be the last first day of preschool for me and my kids. Jake is so independent and a little stubborn I know there will never be a dull moment with him. He has been so sad ever since school started in August when he was left home alone with just me and the other kids all went to school. He always wants to be with his brothers and sister always in the middle of everything. So obviously he was very excited to start school so he can be a big boy like Spencer and Tyler.

I was a concerned that when I dropped him off on Monday that he would get cold feet and not want me to leave. That was not the case he did great and was OK that I left as long as I put a small candy in his pocket for later. When I picked him up after school his teacher said he did very well for his first day. He had a hard time sitting for circle time and was kind of all over the place, but that was to be expected. All of the other kids had already been there since school began in Aug. and Jake was the youngest. I am sure he will get the hang of the new routine very quickly and have a ton of fun while learning all sorts of new things.

Time is moving along so quickly and I am trying to make a conscious effort to hang onto every memory and experience I can with my family. That
is one of the main purposes of my blog is to capture all of these memories so they will not be lost to my horrible memory. I only wish I knew how to do this blog thing earlier, but better late then never.

6 comments:

Heather said...

oh he is such a cute one!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhh, little Jakie looks so cute and I'm sure he thinks he's all grown up now. I know how hard those "last firsts" are and you'll never forget them either.
love to all

Seays said...

He is a cutie and he sounds like our Cole a little bit...he was the same way at preschool, circle time was the hardest for him too!

Tera said...

He looks so happy! What a cutie.
I wish I did blogging earlier too. Everyone is going to think I love Nathan best when they read my blog, because I never recorded all the dang cute things the other kids did. How sad.

Rick Otterstrom said...

With all the issues our little Victoria came to us with, she has been in some sort of school or pre-school since before she was two. I don't think she could even remember life that didn't involve going to school. Fortunately, she seems to still enjoy it (most of the time). She's just so happy and works so hard to accomplish what others hardly try to do. She's such a blessing. Anyway, rambling, but reading about Jake's first day got me thinking about that. There is so much to be learned in school anymore that 13 years isn't enough. Things sure come at the kids fast!

KMJ said...

Now THAT is a cute, happy boy! And he looks like his mom in my opinion!