Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Spencer's 10th Birthday

Birthdays are coming quicker and quicker each year with my kids. It makes me sad for a moment that they are growing up and yet at the same moment very very proud of what each of the are becoming. Spencer is my sweetheart. He is the kindest most thoughtful kid always trying to make everyone happy. His little brother Jake just idolizes him and instead of pushing him away and getting annoyed Spencer takes the time to play with him and make him feel important. Spencer is also a very funny jokster. He gets great satisfaction from making people smile and laugh. People are attracted to his infectious personality. Who doesn't want to be with some one who is always smiling, funny, and kind?
From the moment that Spencer was born Mike and I knew that he was special. He has always been easy going and happy. I wish that everyone has a chance to raise a son like him. Spencer has always been a straight A student working hard and excelling in everything that he does. He is an amazing reader. I am constantly looking for new books to buy because he goes through them so quickly often reading his books 2 or 3 times each. He loves scouts and cant wait to get his Eagle like his Dad. Spencer also enjoys almost every sport. So I have had to limit him to picking 2 sports a year (to be on a team). Otherwise I think he would play ALL of them. I'm pretty sure that his favorites are basketball and soccer with baseball close behind.
This year the only thing that Spencer asked for was hats. He loves wearing hats and I mean loves them. I have to beg him to take it off for a couple of hours. I even find him in bed sleeping with his hat still on. So that being said I'm not sure why I bought him more hats for his birthday but I did. He asked for a BYU and a UCLA hat. I think he has been influenced by his uncles and grandpa :) Mike and I also got him an ipod which was a complete surprise to him...he LOVED it!

Spencer also chose to go to the movies and dinner with his friends like Brooke. He had a lot of fun hanging out with his friends.

Happy Birthday Buddy!

No comments: