Friday, April 17, 2009

Happy Easter

This was a very fun Easter that all came together very last minute. I guess sometimes not planning for something is very stress free and easy. So Friday or Saturday Mom called and invited us out for Easter dinner, because she knew that everyone else already had other plans or probably didn't want to make the drive out last minute. After a few hours of figuring everything out we ended up having everyone out for dinner except Wendy and Tom (which we really missed). I'm sure if they had a little notice they might have been ale to make it. They are awesome at always driving out to be with the family. Mom made a great dinner of ham and funeral potatoes...yum.
Once again I have to say how much I love my family and how well everyone gets along. The cousins always have so much fun together. We had a very fun Easter egg hunt. Griffin and Grant hid the eggs for the younger kids and then the doors opened and it was a free for all of Easter eggs and candy.Of course as soon as the kids were done finding the eggs it turned into a huge egg fight between all the kids against their uncles. I think my brothers find way too much fun in the pain and torture of the kids. Funny thing no matter how hard they throw the eggs and how much it hurts the kids are loving every minute of it. My favorite pictures have to be of Jake he couldn't throw an egg without jumping first. He would get so excited it was so cute to watch him.
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for a great Easter!


10 comments:

Tera said...

Really cute pictures! We had so much fun that day!

Tera said...

Can I also say how much that picture of your dad waving reminds me so much of that picture of your grandpa w/ Andi waving. He looks so much like him.

Jaimee said...

Tera you are so right that picture of my Dad is so Grandpa. Love that you reminded me...what a great memory of Great Grandpa and Andi. Thanks

Adrienne said...

Cute pictures, cute family! I wish we were closer and our kids could get to know their extended family.
I am seconding the opinion that your dad looks like Floyd. What a wonderful, sweet, kind and special man he was!

Mom said...

It was a great day.....I love it when we get together. It was almost perfect .... to me a perfect time is when were ALL together and this was very close, but we did miss those cute Bakersfield kids and their mom and dad.
I love you all so much

Melanie said...

Adrienne...we just have to visit each other more often. Do I hear a "Floyd's Flock" family reunion in the making? I am happy that everyone had a great Easter. Now let's get working on that reunion!

KMJ said...

you guys are so blessed.

Wendy said...

Jaimee - that picture of Dad waving totally reminded me of Grandpa and Andi, even before I read these other posts about you guys thinking the same thing! Looks like you all had a lot of fun, I'm sorry we missed it. We didn't know about it until it was over, oh well.

the medeiros family said...

What fun...especially that egg fight!
Love the picture of your mom and dad.

Heather Gibb said...

Looks like a blast!! You guys are all awesome! I love your "just the girls" photo- you and Brooke are beautiful!
I'm going to print off the quote on your site to--so great!