Every 4 or 5 years our ward puts on a huge ward activity "The Academy Awards." This year we made 3 movies and split the youth into 3 groups. It was the Beehives/Deacons, Miamaids/Teachers, and the Laurels/Priests. Of course I was one of the leaders that was in charge of the youngest groups the Beehives and the Deacons. We only have 3 beehives but we are definitely not short handed with the boys they have about 15 deacons. So needless to say I was pretty intimidated trying to make a movie being so out numbered. Luckily we have 2 great YM leaders who took control. We spent about 5 weeks coming up with an idea, writing the script, and then filming. I was very pleasantly surprised out how well our little movie turned out the kids did a great job.So last night was the BIG night. All the movies were judged by the activities committee and were given various awards. We had members of the ward who looked similar to movie stars dress up and they were the presenters of the awards. Everyone that came was to be dressed in their finest clothes. I was amazed at how much everyone took that to heart. Some of the women wore full formals, feathers, hats, boas, ect. and the men were all in suits or tuxes. The youth looked great many of the girls wore prom dresses and they all made a grand red carpet entrance. As they walked down the red carpet they were followed by the spotlight and the paparazzi. It was a very fun and exciting night.
Jake and his friend Kai...so darn cute!


4 comments:
What an awesome activity and one the kids will remember for a long time. It looks great. I love the family photo. Tyler wins the academy award for the cutest and "cheesiest smile" ever!
That looks like a blast, Jaimee! And Tyler is awesome. He looks like he's almost in pain that he has to smile! :)
This sounds awesome. would you be willing to send me a more detailed description of your activity? I am in YW also and we could use some awesome ideas.
andi
It was a fun night! I was surprised at how well the movies turned out, also. I just wish I'd had some kind of fancy dress to wear. All I had was my wedding dress and I couldn't bring myself to show up in that.
Post a Comment